C-IAYT Yoga Therapist
Mind-Body Therapy for Chronic Stress, Trauma, and Persistent Pain
Richelle is a trauma-informed International Association of Yoga Therapy Certified Yoga Therapist offering mind-body therapy to support the nervous system to restore, recover, and grow resilience from the effects of chronic stress, trauma and persistent pain.
Richelle turned to yoga and embodiment practices in her late teens to support her through some traumatic experiences in her life. This led her desire to help others and receive certification as a Yoga Therapist as well as additional continuing education trainings and studies in the field of trauma, neurophysiology, movement and embodiment. She feels extremely honoured that today she gets to offer support for people who are struggling with anxiety, GAD, depression, chronic pain, grief, breathing difficulties, post-concussion, sleep disturbances, impacts of adverse experiences, post-traumatic stress and/or post-traumatic stress injuries (PTSD).
Richelle holds compassionate space for clients to show up as they are and works together with them to learn and ease through the physical, emotional and psychological states that are affecting their life. Her approach through one-to-one sessions in her Pathway to Possibilities program weave mindful movement, breathing, relaxation, mindfulness and yoga-informed practices with neuroscience and trauma-theory to offer integrative support so people have personalized tools and education to create meaningful change in their life.
Along with working with clients 1:1, Richelle is a co-facilitator of a pain education and support group for folks living with chronic pain and substance use through Pain BC, runs an annual grief retreat for women who have experienced the death of a loved one(s) and teaches resiliency and recovery group movement classes with public safety personnel.
In her spare time, Richelle enjoys being out on her paddle board, spending time in nature, connecting with friends, reading and showing up in matters of social change.
Certifications and Training:
- IAYT Certified Yoga Therapist | Vancouver School of Healing Arts
- Movement for Trauma Level 1 | Jane Clapp
- Occupational Awareness Training- First Responders Trauma Level 1 | First Responder Health
- Therapeutic Yoga for Trauma + Resiliency Certificate Program | Langara College
- Trauma-Sensitive Yoga Training (I and II) | Yoga Outreach, Nicole Marcia, Sarah Holmes de Castro
- Traumatic Loss Support Group Facilitator Training | BC Victims of Homicide with BC Bereavement Helpline
- Integrated Systems Model | Chelsea Lee, Diane Lee
- Connected Anatomy | Mark Finch
Learn more about Richelle and her services on our Massage Therapy Services page.
Visit her website: www.richellemuscroft.com